Thursday 8 May 2008

Bands, Bands, Bands....

So once all of this crazy university stuff is over I will be celebrating by going to see one of my favourite bands, The Pigeon Detectives! I missed them at Leeds Festival last year, which reminds me I still need a ticket for this year, because I went to see Panic! At the Disco instead. There are just somethings you have to sacrifice for the greater good. This year will be my third year in a row at Leeds and I love it because they have all my favourite bands and some to be discovered and it is the best 5 days of the year. As well as all the bands I get to see I get to go camping with my friends and just have a nice chilled out weekend lying in the sun, ah heaven!



I wish I had learnt sacrificing when it came to getting all this work started. I have an exam in a few hours time and I know nothing on the subject because i hardly ever went to class because of my night shift. Not a good idea.



One thing I am never without though when I revise is my ipod and that's when I get out the sketchbook to start writing down every lyric I can possibly remember or the one's that stand out the most. My ipod is an extra limb just like my mobile phone, I can't go anywhere without it.



Lyrics mean alot and in some cases people live by them. I have a range of favourite lyrics and you know where they all end up.


Usually a really good album I'm listening to can end up on a whole page just like my simple plan one. They are an amazing band that have so many songs that i can relate to when i'm feeling 500 different things.


Music is something I could never live without, wherever I am i'm always singing and dancing and I can gaurantee if I make it out of this exam in one piece I will certainly be singing and dancing later. Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

Angie said...

I think I'm in love with your simple plan page!!

Have you ever played the 'lyric' game?! It's when you put your itunes/media player on shuffle and for every song that comes up, you write down your favourite lyric.

I did it once and then created a similar drawing with all the lyrics on it. It's currently on my wall. I'd like to see what your drawings come out as. Check my blog out about it.. I think your post as inspired me to blog it.